This document describes how to install and configure kafka-tools.
Software that must be installed:
- Python (https://www.python.org/)
- Kazoo (https://kazoo.readthedocs.io/en/latest/)
- Kafka (https://kafka.apache.org/)
In addition, you will need to run it on a host that has:
- Access to the Zookeeper ensemble for the Kafka cluster.
- SSH access to the Kafka brokers (with credentials preferably loaded into ssh-agent).
- Download the Kafka binaries from https://kafka.apache.org/downloads.html.
- Use pip to install the kafka-tools packge from pypi.